Monday, April 11, 2005

This Guy and I Think Alike

I found this via Dawn Eden.vita mea: Fifty Ways to Take Communion looks like something I would have come up with in seminary. It reminds me of a parody of Willie Nelson's "Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys" that a friend of mine came up with. With their first performance of ""Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Preachers", The Minor Prophets became instantly famous (or infamous given that many ATS students are notoriously smug and humorless). The refrain went something like this (sorry, this is all I can remember of this) Travis Phillips or Dickie Hoard, if you're reading this please fill in the rest!

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be preachers
Don't let 'em write sermons or exegete Greek
Make 'em go huntin' or fishin' the creek

No comments: