Wednesday, April 20, 2005

This Goes too Far

No one can call me a Jane Fonda fan by any stretch of the imagination. Her conduct in Hanoi in the 60's was nothing short of disgraceful. Having said that the individual in Kansas City who spit tobacco juice on her at a book signing is also disgraceful. If there are Viet Nam vets who want to harbor resentment toward her well that is their perogative. In my opinion, life is too short to nurse grudges.
What truely galls me are those who identify themselves as "Christians" who refuse to forgive. I don't mean just Ms. Fonda but forgive anything. She is a Christian now which makes her my sister. She has asked the forgiveness of those against who she transgressed. God has forgiven her sins as He has any Christian's. That obliges ALL of her brothers and sisters in Christ to do likewise. And don't even think about trying to justify yourselves by saying, "Maybe God can forgive her but I can't" Folks, God does not give us that option. He says, "You shall be holy for I am holy". If you are not striving for perfection, what lesser goal are you striving for?

Hat Tip:Michelle Malkin

No comments: