Monday, April 11, 2005

And People Ask Me Why I Don't Like Soccer

I find soccer fans annoying. I feel like wretching everytime I see the bumper sticker that says. "Real men play football. thinking men play soccer" Actually real men play rugby, but that opinion shouldn't come as a surprise since I qualify as a neanderthal by most soccer fans. After all, I am an orthodox Christian, Republican and a rugby player. Who could ask for anything more? This story disgusts me for two reasons. The first is that I am proud of my Scottish heritage, second I am tired of soccer fans who act like they are a superior race from people who like American football and/or rugby.
You see, there was a moment of silence in memory of Pope John Paul II. At least there was an attempt at one. It was cut short due to the jeering. I never heard of any such thing at ether a rugby match, or an American football game. Then again I have never heard of a football stadium having to put a barrier between the home and visitors sides. Well, if this is what thinking men do, I'll happily be a barbarian.

No comments: