Tuesday, March 01, 2005

“One Victim is one Victim too Many”...I Wonder if There is a Hidden Meaning there

03010501 Prior Schiavo Abuse Allegations Covered Up By AG Crist quoes Florida AG, Charlie Crist as saying, “One victim is one victim too many”. As I read those words juxtaposed against a chronicle of his alleged actions, or inactions in the Terri Schiavo case a question turns over and over in my mind. WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT?
Could he have meant, "One victim is one to many for the state to allow to go without justice."? If so it is a noble sentiment. Too many are victimized and not get justice. It is the AG's job to be an advocate for the people of his/her jurisdiction. To me this means more than saying he didn't want to get any more involved than to say he believed "Terri's Law" was constitutional.
This leads me to the other possibility. The most disturbing, and disgusting one. "One victim is one victim too many for me to have to bother with." He is given allegedly evidence but claims to have never seen it. If Terri's life cannot be spared, this man is at least as culpable as Judge Greer. Tell me, Charlie was it laziness? Case didn't have high enough profile at the time, and now that it does he realizes he's on the wrong side?
Disturbing? More than a little. This man wants to be governor. I hope the people of Florida remember.

No comments: