Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Why Newsweek's Half-Hearted Apology is not Enough

Michelle Malkin has an excellant piece in Jewish World Review about the disservice that "our" news media is doing to our servicepeople in the war zone. She also has been keeping up with it on her own site

When you think about it, why was the alleged desecration of a Quran even news? Oh, I am aware of Newsweek's claime that is important for people to understand what is going on, the good the bad and the ugly. I agree. What leaves me scratching my head is their lack of consistancy. Anybody remember how Palestinian Muslims desecrated the Church of the Nativity a few years back? If you do remember you did not read about it in the pages of Newsweek. Now, I have heard this on my local radio station and have not been able to coroborate it, but it has been alleged that Newsweek did NOT run the retraction in their Arabic edition. Anybody shed any light on this?

No comments: