Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thank you, Veterans

My father was a Marine. He joined during Korea and that "police action" (makes it sound like we were over giving parking tickets) ended as he was on the ship over there. They were called back before he ever saw combat (for which I am eternally grateful as my existance was kind of hanging in the balance since this was well before I was a twinkle in his eye).
My youngest son is enlisted in the Army on delayed entry pending his graduation. To Dad, all those on the boat with him, those who preceeded them who made it back and those who didn't: to Andy and those going in with him, who may or may not come back I say this; and all those who served in between Dad and Andy: Thank You.
It takes people like yourselves who recognize that there is something greater than self that needs to be defended. Thank you for your service, your courage and possible sacrifice.

No comments: