Monday, September 20, 2004

Entertaining Week

I must say that watching Dan Rather and the crew at Can't Believe Snooze twisting in the wind has been quite entertaining. Or at least it would be if not for the magnititude of what they seem to have attempted to do. All the ascerbic (and dead on right) humor aside, Rather et al have crossed a line that I would not previously thought possible.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were duped. Had they come out immediately with their mea culpa I would continue to. But coming out almost two weeks later with a half-hearted admission that the docs were not what they were led to believe does nothing but reaffirm (in my own mind at least) that this was a deliberate act to sway an election.

The fact that Burkette is being set up as the fall guy is also very suggestive of the probability that the Kerry campaigne was directly involved.

1 comment:

Aussiegirl said...

JRob -- I completely agree -- this is a watershed moment -- not only for the blogosphere. In all probability this leads right into the Kerry Kamp. Cleland has already admitted as much.